Sunday, April 6, 2014

John

While out interviewing recently I saw a well-dressed man.  Obviously angry, he paces back and forth.  This man is John and he does not like the homeless.

"They are a blight on our social structure and they probably consume drugs in that SafeGround place they're setting up."

I wish I could make this up and I wish that John was alone.  With him is an equally aggressive woman who he introduces as his wife.  She prefers not to give her name.

I cannot blame her.

John's philosophy is that "these people" as he gesticulates towards the very few homeless people located near by.

If you ask the people who he's yelling at to, "Get a job," or "Stop being so damned lazy."  They respond that they don't care and that he's a fool who doesn't understand.

The rain dripping off the freeway is more exciting than the yelling man and to be honest I don't understand why he's doing it in the first place, but he is and so I watch.

After a short time I leave.  I'm mostly disappointed in the anger and resentment that all of this poverty causes.

This blog post isn't much.  It's another perspective on a shitty situation.  Next week I will attempt to show you the visual side of this and not just the written.  Until then, be well.

No comments:

Post a Comment